Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spinach

The other day when Canada won the gold metal in olympic hockey the whole city of Vancouver went crazy. Celebration is great! But this went beyond celebration. The win seemed to make some people feel cool and beautiful. Beautiful?? Cuz you won a hockey game? Ew.

My aunt once told me that when she was pregnant with my cousin she had heard that if you ate lots of spinach while pregnant then your baby will be born with a huge brain. Her daughter, my Beautiful cousin is one of the smartest people I have ever met. She is a nurse and is currently working on her law degree. She is only 26 years old.

I'd imagine spinach is great for developing brains too. So if you have children or are going to have children, eat spinach, feed them spinach. Lets work on the brain size of generations to come. Maybe we can make the world a more brilliant and less self absorbed place to live. Starting with spinach!!

Here is my spinach list.
Valentines Day Ravioli
Super Vegetable Chicken Soup
Italian Wedding Soup
Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce
Buckwheat Crepe
Ashorizo Lasagna

I've also used it with:
Pare's Cornmeal Pizza Dough (Spinach, Garlic, Red Onion, Tomato)
Ashparagus N' Leek Phyllo Pizza Pie (Replace the asparagus with Spinach)
Shortcut Butter Chicken (Mix Spinach in at the very end of the cooking process)
Most broth based soups can be poured over top of a fresh bed of spinach and kids won't even notice.
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast and Spinach Triangles coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me anything.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails