Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pare's Cornmeal Pizza Dough

I have tried many pizza dough recipes. This one was given to me by my cousin-and everytime I try a new recipe-I wished I would have made this one. It's super quick and easy to make. It makes 4 individual sized pizzas. The crust is very thin and can be very crispy depending on how long you cook it for. On one pizza... we put hot peppers, bacon, asiago and mozza with regular canned pizza sauce. The other has tons of green onion, thinly sliced roma tomatoes, asiago and mozza. They were both very tasty. Because they are so thin you worry they will burn easily, but 7 minutes on the lower rack in a 500 degree oven was a little too short. I personally should have left them in for another 2-3 minutes because I like these little pizzas to have a crispiness to them. They were still delicious at 7 minutes though. Make them and let me know what you think. If it weren't already my cousins signature dish, I would make it mine. But our babies will probably hang out together and then things will get confusing. ;)



2/3 cup warm water
2 1/4 t. quick rise yeast or one individual package
pinch of sugar
1/4 cup cornmeal (plus more for rolling and pan)
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 t. salt
2 T. oil(I used extra virgin olive oil)

-Preheat to 500
-In a mall bowl sprinkle yeast and sugar over warm water. Let dissolve about 5-10 minutes.
-Combine flour, cornmeal and salt, make well.
-Add yeast mixture and oil.
-Mix with fork until dough comes together-forms a ball.
-Knead for 7-10 minutes. Keep adding flour if dough is too sticky. Roll in cornmeal once or twice while kneading.
-Cut into for balls. Roll in oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place for at least 15 minutes, but one hour better.
-oil baking sheet, sprinkle with cornmeal.
-Spread dough out with fingers until thin but not translucent.
-Spread sauce and toppings.
-Bake on lower rack for 7-10 minutes depending on how crispy you like it.


Source: Pare Bear




Photos:Shawn Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me anything.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails