Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken and Chorizo Fettucini Alfredo

I figured I'd make this dish while I'm allowed to be fat. Everyone says Alfredo is an easy sauce to make. I found it a little stressful actually. You have to be careful not to scorch it. Watch that it doesn't start to curdle. And hope that it thickens to the right consistency. I had troubles with the thickening. I had to turn the heat back up, bring almost to a boil again and then take it off the heat. It all worked out well in the end and it actually tasted like Alfredo.

Chicken breast
Chorizo sausage
Fettucini noodles
2 Cups heavy cream(I used Creamo)
1/4 Cup butter
1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
1 T. minced fresh garlic
salt, pepper, chopped parsley

Bring cream to a boil
Reduce heat to medium, continue to boil until reduced by half.
Meanwhile cook noodles. Cut up chicken into pieces and fry with a bit of fresh garlic, add chorizo and fry together until done.
Once cream is reduced, remove from heat.
Add butter 1 T. at a time with a whisk.
It should thicken and turn glossy.(Mine didnt-had to turn it back up for a bit)
Add cheese, hot pasta, salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley. Top with meat.

Photos:Shawn Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can tell me anything.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails