Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wontons

Light, Healthy and fun to make. I thought I'd try making these with cooked meat instead of raw and found that the raw is much easier to work with and doesnt change the flavour of the finished product at all. This a dish that my mom has always made. I guess you could say "Her signature dish". If you knew her, you'd know how weird that is.


1-2 packages wonton wrappers
3 cups ground pork(Cooked or raw-Raw is easier to work with)
1 cup diced prawn or shrimp(Raw)
1/4 cup green onions
1 T. grated fresh ginger
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. sesame oil

-Mix ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
-Take one wrapper at a time and place 1 t. filling in center.
-Wet 2 edges with water and fold to make triangle. Pushing air out of pocket.
-Fold the two corners together in center. Should look like an open envelope.
-At this point you can put in zip lock bags and freeze. Or boil in water until they float to the top for wonton soup. Or deep fry until golden brown.

Photos:Shawn Campbell

1 comment:

  1. OMG! This looks amazing! I'm a sucker for dumplings! I think i'll be trying these!

    ReplyDelete

You can tell me anything.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails